Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Deep (ish) again

I didn't manage to go deep in the big field tournament on the weekend like I hoped but I did tonight. Just another $1 buy-in on PokerStars with 2241 player and I came 62nd.

I started the tournament well when I flopped a straight flush with queen jack of clubs (the flop was king, ten, 9 of clubs) and had two other players betting and pushing all-in on the turn. Ummm ... sure, I call!! They both hit a straight with the jack but I of course tripled up as they re-raised me all-in. So I was chipped up early and in the top 100 chip stacks for much of the tournament but went card dead for a while and had to fight my way in to the top 100.

I was knocked out when I flopped top pair low kicker and checked in first position. A big stack bet small, was called so I called. Another low card on the turn, I check, he bet small again, the caller folded so I shoved all-in. He called, showed 9's and hit a 9 on the river (ouch) to send me packing.

Bankroll still at US$300 as I've been breaking even for the last few days. Which isn't too bad (the breaking even) considering the flips I lost last night and how many of my aces and kings were cracked by rubbish cards (k 7 off, 4 9 suited, 6 10 suited, etc). Hopefully this deep finish will move me further up the online poker player rankings.


No comments: