Thursday, May 14, 2009

An afternoon session

We're very quiet at work at the moment so for the last couple of hours I've been playing sit'n go's on PokerStars.

Over the last few days I've been playing a few of the $1.75 turbo 18 man games. They're fairly quick and easy to play a few at a time. I've been up and down as far as my results go and I don't think I've actually won one yet. Top 4 get paid and I'm usually 3rd or 4th which is a little frustrating because the top 2 get paid much better.

This afternoon I was running baaaad. Nothing was going right, I couldn't win hands. I was going in ahead but coming out behind almost every time. I mentioned it to Adam at the time, I must've played 6 or 7 games without getting in the money which is unusual for me because I should usually cash at least twice in that number.

In the second 90 man game that I played I was struggling with about 35 players left and would've been close to last place. With a few well timed pushes and wins I managed to chip and I was in 8th with about 20 to go. I stayed in that spot for a while and when the final table formed I had a lot of work to do. We lost a few players quite quickly but I made it in to the top 3 and that battle was very even for about 10 minutes or so with one player tending to have a bit of a lead for most of it. The big stack took out the other player when his pocket 5's held up against a flush draw and he had a 5 to 1 chip lead going in to heads up. I didn't think I had much chance but a few of my ace high pushes were called by his king high's and I soon had the chip lead. I then flopped top pair king on a king, five, five board and I pushed all-in, he called with ace high and didn't improve and I had won!!

Shortly after that I finished 3rd in an 18 man turbo so I finished with two cashes before I left the office. Hopefully that form continues in to tonight.


No comments: