Thursday, August 13, 2009

PokerStars update ... the $500 mark

Well, I'm now in my new place at Morningside. The move from my last unit was hard work but the worst was yet to come on Monday morning when Telstra switched the office phone lines over early so the number wasn't diverted to my mobile. Not only that, the official company that moves and reconnects the phone system couldn't do the move until the week after. Thankfully I got another company to take care of it and it got done late on Tuesday evening. So after two days of no phone lines (not good for business) the new apartment is almost set up ready to go. I'm just waiting now on the ADSL to get turned on and then it'll be perfect.

Anyway, instead of unpacking and getting everything sorted, I have of course being playing poker online at PokerStars. Monday I just played 4 quick games, cashing in one and basically breaking even. Tuesday was again a fairly short session because I was waiting for the phone system guy to finish, had dinner and then started playing. Despite that tho, it was a pretty profitable one. I played just 8 tournaments, cashed 4 of them, came 3rd in a $3.25 for $21 and another 3rd in a $2.20 180 man tournament for a $43 score. This took my bankroll to about $480 which was a new high, up from the previous best of $460.

Last night was a much bigger session of 22 tournaments. I cashed in just 5 and didn't feel that I played particularly well. I'm not sure if it was a lack of concentration or what but I just wasn't on top of my game. After a slowish start to the night, I broke through in my 10th game for a 2nd place in a $3.25 45 man. I went in to heads-up facing a 2:1 deficit in chips and was a little passive not raising with ace rag and paid the price when my opponent flopped a monster and I had committed myself to the hand post-flop. After not cashing in a few tournaments after that I ended up winning a $3.25 and then finished the night with another cash. So it was nice to have some good scores despite not feeling like I was playing my best.

So after the session last night my bankroll cleared the $500 mark for the first time reaching $513. Having started at just $12, its a nice milestone to surpass. I'm hoping the $1000 mark will come within the next few months as I continue to play the slightly larger games.

In the last couple of days my ROI has improved to 31% and my win count so far this month is up to 4. According to the Official Poker Rankings, I've also climbed in to the top 3% of tournament players on PokerStars for 2009.

Here's my current SharkScope graph:


No comments: