Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back-to-back wins

Just a quick update tonight as I'm heading to bed shortly so I can get up and get to the gym again in the morning.

I played for a while on Saturday without any overly exciting results. The best was a win/qualification in a satellite for PokerStars' Sunday Quarter Million. I read on the Two Plus Two Forums that this tournament was good for building your bankroll. Essentially its a $2 but in and if you finish in the top 20% of the field you qualify for the Quarter Million but can unregister and take $11 in tournament cash. I played two of these and qualified for one. It wasn't too tough a game but it did take a while to play so I'm not sure its a great game for me, especially when the actual Quarter Million is on at 4am on a Monday morning Australian time.

I was online playing last night and had a very slow start to the night. I was in the middle of playing a few tournaments when I got a Skype video call from a friend of mine in Switzerland. She's hot and I don't get to chat to her that much so I certainly can't down the call ... but of course, not ideal when your 4 tabling tournaments. Later on in the night tho things picked up and after 5th place in a $3.25 45 man I ended the session with back to back wins in the same game. That was the first time I've ever won 2 tournaments in a row and it was a nice achievement ... not to mention the two $42 first prize payouts are good for the bankroll.

Tonight was a slightly profitable one with nothing too exciting to report. I finished the night with a 4th place in a $3.25 45 man and a 3rd in a $1.10 90 man tournament. I've been doing really well in the $3.25 45 man games over the last few days but struggling to put up results in the $2 180 tournament, failing to cash in my last 10 attempts. I checked out my graph on SharkScope and I'm over 30% ROI in $1 games, just under 30% ROI in the $3 games but am unprofitable in the $2 tournaments.

I set my goal this month at 5 wins but I've already passed that with 6 so far. The bankroll is now just over $550 and hopefully I can continue to keep it moving upwards.


No comments: