Sunday, August 2, 2009

July numbers & August goals

So here are my numbers from the month of July:

In The Money 22% (63/290)
Finish late 11%
ROI 25%
Profit $79

I had 8 wins, 3 seconds, 7 thirds and 42 fourth to ten places.

My goals were:

In The Money: 25% - actual 22%
Profit: $100 - actual $79
Wins: 4 - actual 8

Summary:
So I just missed the In The Money % and profit due to a poor last week but I smashed the number of wins. I was really pleased with the number of wins and especially the ratio of wins to seconds in heads-up play. My finish late was down from previous months because I played so many 45 man tournaments and you have to finish top 4 to finish late in those.

This month I'm going to start playing a few more $3.25 45 man tournaments. I played a few over the weekend and out of 4 games I bubbled the final table twice which was frustrating. I played another one yesterday and came in 6th. I had a strong stack for the entire tournament but lost a chunk just before the final table when I ran ace jack in to pocket aces 5 handed ... ouch. I got sucked out on in a blind vs blind battle and was short-stacked the rest of the way, card dead and essentially getting blinded out.

The rest of the day went ok tho as I ended my drought of wins as well as getting a 2nd and a 3rd so a profitable day and my roll is back over $410 again after slipping to $380 at one point on the weekend.

My goals for August are:

In The Money: 25%
Profit: $150
Wins: 5

I'm ranked just outside the top 3% on OPR at the moment, I'd like to see that improve too.

No comments: