Thursday, March 25, 2010

Still running good

Haven't been putting in much volume of late but the bankroll is still steadily growing and I think playing less tables at a time is really helping my game. I'm basically playing no more than 3 tables at a time and its been paying off with good results of late.

Tonight was the first time I played since a short session on Monday night. Tuesday I hate a date with a girl I used to play poker with at the Shafston. It went well so we'll see what happens from here. Wednesday is trivia night and we came second again after losing in sudden death last week.

The night didn't start well tonight with a couple of ugly suck-outs in the first couple of $3.25 warm-up games. In my third $6.50 game I had a 3rd place finish which was good but could have been so much better. Three-handed the game was just going around in circles until I defended my big blind with ace 6 off to a small blind shove. Unfortunately he turned over ace 9 suited and caught a 9 on the flop to cripple me. I fought back a little but was knocked out when my aces in the small blind couldn't beat king 8 suited in the big blind.

After grabbing dinner I got a second place in another $6.50 game. I had a good shot at the win against a relatively new player but just went card-dead come heads-up and just got pounded on. I eventually got it in good on the flop but was called and he caught a gut-shot straight on the river for the win.

Thankfully I finished the night with a win in a $3.25 45 man. It was nice to take one down after getting close a couple of times earlier in the night. Three handed again was taking its time but I raised with ace king off on the button, small blind shoved turning over ace 8 and thankfully my hand help up to give me a decent chip lead going in to heads-up. First hand the small blind shoves all-in and I call with ace queen in the big blind. Thankfully my hand holds and its all over straight away.

With 3 strong results tonight and clearing the 2nd Stellar reward on Monday, the bankroll is now just under $1150. I probably won't be playing again until Sunday afternoon, friends place tomorrow night for the AFL, heading to the parents on Saturday and then caddying on Sunday morning.

No comments: