Friday, March 26, 2010

Picture me rolling ...

Including the win in my last game on Thursday night, I've now won 3 of my last 5 games. They were only $3.25 45 mans because I was playing short sessions, but still ... good all the same.

So yes, I just finished a very short, quick session but obviously the results of it were great. Four games played, two wins. The first win was a bit out of nowhere as I really didn't expect it. I failed to double before the final table so went on to it as one of the short-stacks. It was taking ages to lose anyone and I decided to defend my big blind and try to double up against a slightly shorter stack all-in with 8 9 suited. They turned over ace ten off and first card out was the ace, second was an 8 but my hand didn't improve. So I was all-in on my small blind but thanks to someone trying to bluff on the flop, I won and got some chips back. A whole nother orbit went by without losing anyone and someone shoved from mid-position and I was forced to call in the big blind with king jack suited which I obviously didn't mind. He turned over ace rag and I caught a king on the flop and made the flush on the river.

Finally we lost a couple of players and the money bubble burst. I stole the blinds with queen ten off from midposition which moved me in to 3rd place. Not long after that I found myself short-stack until I doubled up with ace king 5 handed. Lost a few more players and I was short-stack 3 handed until I double up twice, the second with 9's against queen ten off. I lost a huge flip with ace queen suited vs pocket 4's (I of course had ace queen) and looked to be gone. Somehow I fought my way back in to it and watched the other two attack each other and I soon found myself heads up but facing a 4:1 chip deficit.

First hand, aces in the big blind ... but the big stack small blind folds ... sick. Funnily enough, it didn't matter as I had them again 3 hands later (after stealing the blinds once) and doubled-up to take the chip lead. Then 3 hands later I had aces AGAIN and delivered the knock-out blow to get the win.

The second win was a lot more straight-forward. I was short-stacked midway through but doubled up with 7's vs ace king and then raised under-the-gun with jacks, got shoved on and decided to call. He turned over aces and luckily for me a jack came on the turn and I was chip-leader. From there I cruised through to the final table, kept the lead in the early going and then got a big stack and sailed in to heads-up with a bit of a chip lead. My opponent seemed fairly aggressive early so I decided to call a small blind shove with king 8 off, he turned over jack ten and thankfully my hand held. That was the turning point and I knocked him out soon after.

So my bankroll is now at US$1212 which is of course an all-time high. My goal yesterday was to get in to the top 2% on OPR, I'm pretty sure that will happen tonight.

No comments: