Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Greatest comeback EVER!

At the start of January I had a post titled "a win for the ages" but that was nothing compared to what happened two days ago in a $6.50 45 man game on PokerStars.

After losing to 3 4 three-handed I managed to scrape in to second place and faced the seemingly impossible when heads-up started:

Seat 2: CapitalDodge (1860 in chips)
Seat 9: Kstnbike (65640 in chips)

And to add to the challenge, the blinds were already at 1000/2000. I survived my big blind as my 9 high was good enough to win the hand. We split the next pot with the same hand, I then doubled up again with an ace high win and shoved the next hand with ace rag and he folded. Up to 10K and in the big blind I called an all-in with 10 2 suited and sucked out with a ten against queen 2 suited. He didn't like it but I had to take the chance and giving my blind away when it was now at 3000 just didn't make sense.

After pots going back and forth mostly pre-flop the turning point of the match came when I completed the small blind with 7 10 off and saw a 7 10 3 flop ... unfortunately for me all clubs. Villian led out and I decided to shove over the top and take my chances. He called turning over 7 2 off with thankfully NO flush-draw and my hand held. This now gave me a 52K to 15.5K chip lead and I began to whittle him down.

I called an all-in with 7 9 off but his queen 5 caught two pair and the stacks were even again. After coming back from nothing and having a dominant chip-lead, I really didn't want to let this one get away. I took down a large pot when I raised pre with king ten and flopped the open-ended straight draw and pleasingly he check-folded to my strong c-bet. Two hands later I got it in with ace rag against his queen 9 and an ace on the flop sealed the deal and gave me the win.

Coming back from all-in on my first big blind when heads-up started to fighting all the way back, then having a huge chip lead only to see it disappear and then getting the win ... extremely satisfying and definitely the greatest comeback EVER!!

No comments: