Thursday, June 11, 2009

Short night

I got home and watched the replay of game 3, Magic vs Lakers in the NBA Championship Series on One HD. I also had a DVD to watch before I have to take it back tomorrow, "Yes Man" with Jim Carrey ... meh, I've seen worse. I even laughed a couple of times, although mainly at Rhys Darby (Murray from "Flight of the Conchords"), I'm not a fan of Carrey. Anyway, by the time that was finished I had an hour or two to kill so loaded up PokerStars.

I only had time for 3 $1 90 man turbo games and although it got off to a slow start, some well-timed hands and I was continuing on the good form from last night. I got in the money in two out of the three, the first two games I final-tabled finishing 7th and 5th respectively.

The first final table I made with a solid chip stack but wasn't getting any decent cards in position. I probably should've taken a stand with pocket 6's at one point but folded to an early position raise. I ended up pushing from under the gun with ace jack but ran in to pocket queens in the small blind and couldn't outrun them.

The second table went a little better. Again I made the table with chips and waited for hands. I ended up taking a stand with ace jack (funnily enough) in the big blind against an early position raise. I pushed all-in and was called, he turned over king queen off and I flopped a jack to take down the pot. Shortly after I called the small stack push with pocket 7's in the small blind, he turned over ace 9 off and hit two pair. Next hand I had 7's again and thankfully they held up this time for me to double up. I ended up pushing with pocket 2's in the small blind but was called by the big blind who was chipped up. He called with king 8 off and rivered an 8 to knock me out. Looking back I probably should've just raised and then pushed the flop ... not sure he would've folded, but who knows.

Bankroll now just over $370.


No comments: