Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June numbers and July goals

Here's a quick review of my Official Poker Rankings numbers from the month of June:

In The Money 24% (65/272)
Finish late 15%
ROI 4%
Profit $15

I had 1 first place finish, 4 seconds, 5 thirds and 45 fourth to tenth places.

Looking back at the goals I set for myself at the start of the month:
  • In the money goal 25% - actual 24% (almost)
  • Profit $150 - actual $15 (not even close)
  • Wins 6 - actual 1 (not even close, way too many 2nds)
According to the OPR site, my tournament stats now rank me just inside the top 4% of PokerStars tournament players for 2009.

Summary:
I knew I wouldn't be playing quite as much I did last month (played 100 less games, 25%) and my bankroll and profit plateaued. With my reading and posting on the Two Plus Two poker forums, I've adjusted my play a little and have been happy with the results since.
I'm also focussing on the $1 buy-in games (the 90 & 45 man turbos) until I get the bankroll up and my stats up to a level where I feel that I'm dominating.

Again, I don't think I'll be playing a huge amount of games this month as I have a few things going on at the moment (including selling my unit) but here are some goals for July:

In the money: 25%
Profit: $100
Wins: 4

Work on this will begin tonight ...

No comments: