Monday, May 10, 2010

Run good

I was right ... thankfully the good results were just around the corner. The last month or so of poker had felt like a struggle, losing days, treading water, etc ... so it was nice to have a night where things went my way.

The night started slowly cashing just 1 of my first 8 attempts for a 5th but then I broke through for a win followed by a 4th for some momentum. I also had a 3rd and finished the night with another win. So two wins out of 17 games, along with a 3rd a 4th and a 5th is a pretty solid night.

The final win of the night was satisfying because it was against a good player and despite starting off with the chip lead, I soon gave it up when I mistakenly shoved over the top of a raise with 2's in the big blind. He snap-called and turned over queens ... and I soon found myself on the wrong end of a 5:1 chip lead. I started shoving and after catching some flops found myself right back in it. The turning point came when I pushed with king queen off and he called with queen 9 suited. Thankfully my hand held and the game was essentially over.

A good night on the tables and my bankroll is now just under $1150. I think my high is around $1250 so that is the next milestone and I'm also about to unlock another $10 VIP Stellar Reward so that will help.

No comments: