Thursday, May 13, 2010

Horrid start, strong finish

I'm heading to bed shortly but I thought I'd post quickly.

Things actually started really well. I had good stacks on a number of tables close to the final table ... then it all went wrong. I had some awful beats and things just didn't go my way. On the bubble, small blind shoves with 2 5 off and I snap call with kings in the big blind. He of course rivers a straight leaving me now short-stacked and I was out soon after. I finished 5th on another final table and then went on an absolute drought of not cashing (13 straight games).

Near the end of my session I started to have some luck and had some hands hold up finally. I finished the night with two good stacks on final tables. I lost two flips in a row on one and went out in 5th but thankfully got the other won. I was getting run over a bit heads-up but took a stand with king 8 off and thankfully flopped an 8 to beat his king jack and soon after got the win.

The win takes my firsts to 5 already which is a solid start less than half way through the month. I also unlocked the next VIP Stellar Reward so my bankroll is now up to $1160. Yes, my solid finish basically broke me even for the night.

Here's a song I like that's getting a fair bit of airplay on Triple J at the moment. I don't usually like remixes but I'm a fan of the original by MGMT which was also used as the opening song to the movie 21.

No comments: