Saturday, May 29, 2010

Good week

Its been a good poker week for me. Beginning on Tuesday with a final table at the Shafston playing APL. I had finished just off the table for the last couple of weeks so it was nicely to finally make it on and I had a decent stack. Nothing went my on the final table tho, getting good hands but none of them holding up and I ended up getting knocked out in 5th.

I had a home game with my friends from school last night. $20 buy-in, rebuys allowed and there were 7 starters. The action was wild and woolly early and I of course was getting paid out on for folding so much and it took me ages to win my first hand. The rebuys were frequent early and with top 2 getting paid I was just waiting for a hand to push with. That ended up being queens which got outrun against jacks and ace queen off, of course an ace came. So I rebought and started to get a few cards, won hands and eventually got to heads-up with a large chip-lead. I pushed with ace 2, got called by queen 8 and a queen on the river put the stacks even. A few hands later and I raised all-in with ace queen, got called by 6's and the board ran out 2, 3, 4, 5 and it was over. The second place made me $60 profit after the buy-in (and rebuy) but it was disappointing next to get the win and finish second yet again.

This morning I played on PokerStars and ran red hot. I played six 45 mans, cashing 4 (and bubbling another) and of those 4 I had 2 seconds a third and a fourth. I also played 2 big MTT's cashing 1 of them. Thanks to the success in the 45 mans, the bankroll broke through $1300 for the first time reaching $1340.

No comments: