Sunday, May 9, 2010

PokerStars update

I'm in a bit of a funk at the moment, nothing seems to be going my way which I mentioned in a previous post. Nothing happened with the dating situation, work hasn't been that busy lately and I haven't really been making any progress on PokerStars. I've been getting to the gym regularly which is the one positive but probably not eating as well/healthy as I would like or should be.

So for the last week, I've just been focussing on the $3.25 45 man games. I believe I'm playing well and making the right moves, they just don't seem to be paying off at the moment. My bankroll has been floating up and down around the $1000 mark.

I put in some longer sessions on Saturday and Sunday and things to be on the improve ... a little. Saturday was break-even'ish as I couldn't do any better than a 4th place finish. Sunday I played a few MTT's as well as the 45's and got deep in a couple, cashing 3 out of 4. My best finishes were a 39th out of 2132 and 53rd out of 2460 ... good to get deep but nothing spectacular as far as payouts go. I had my best chance in the first one, I got knocked out when I raised with 9's from early position and the big blind shoved over the top. It wasn't worth folding as I needed to double-up, he turned over ace queen and hit an ace on the flop and I didn't improve. If I win that hand I would have had a more playable stack and could make a run at the top 20 and the final table.

The 45's went a little better yesterday too, despite bubbling at least 4 times. I got one win, a third and a fourth. The win came against a competent player who stacked off with middle pair, mid kicker on a low board when I limped kings from the small blind. I was surprised he couldn't fold when I showed strength on the flop by re-raising and it essentially cost him the game.

The bankroll is currently at $1063 which is a little higher than it has been for the last 2 weeks. Hopefully I can get back over $1100 soon and keep heading upwards from there.

As work hasn't been that busy I've also been railing some of my favourite online players in PokerStars SCOOP. My boys Assassinato and Bond18 have been doing ok without breaking through for a major result but the comeback-kid Shaun Deeb took down a PLO event last night for $63K.

No comments: