Monday, February 8, 2010

What goes up ...

After my joy of winning 3 tournaments in a row on Friday night, not surprisingly things didn't go as well over the weekend. Sometimes I question why I bother playing weekends as I'm sure my results on Saturday and Sunday aren't great, especially compared to the weekdays.

Saturday I managed only a couple of cashes with 2 fourths as good as it gets. Sunday I did well in the Sunday Quarter Million satellites but did no good in the $3.25 45 mans with just a couple of min-cashes.

If the weekend felt that I was getting rivered all the time or people hitting 1 and 2 outers, tonight was about losing hands when you make the right play and dominate the opposition cards but they somehow spike their kicker. Ace king < ace ten, ace jack < ace 8 and so on and so on. I got runner-runnered numerous times and thankfully took a break to grab some dinner.

After dinner things got better as I started making final tables again. I got a second when my queens got beaten by 6 8 off all-in pre-flop. I had spiked some cards before that so it didn't worry too bad.

I played a couple of $4.40 180 mans and cashed them both. The first I made final table and shoved ace king off over the top of a minraise from the bigstack. He called the substantial raise turning over queen ten suited and of course the first card out is the queen and I'm out in 6suth. In the second, I lost a flip inside the final 18 with 9's against ace ten suited that crippled me and I was eventually out in 16th.

The last couple of tournaments got my bankroll headed back in the right direction after sliding well under $700 its now back over $740.

No comments: