Friday, February 5, 2010

The trifecta!!

Ok, so sometimes I run good. I've won 2 tournaments in a row before but tonight I went one better and took down 3 in a row!! Trifecta, turkey ... call it what you will be it feels great to take down 3 in succession and obviously its a great boost for the bankroll.

I went for a run after work with some friends, the first exercise I've done in about a week. Yes, I struggled for stamina but it was good to work up a sweat. They were heading out for drinks but I was happy for a quiet night in and to get some games happening on PokerStars.

I was just playing the $3.25 45 man games and I started off fairly solidly with two 6th place finishes in my first three games. I moved up to 5th a few tournaments later and then one miss and the three wins in a row.

I don't even remember too much detail from the individual tournaments except for the last one. Half-way through the tournament I was chipped up and someone shoved massively all-in under the gun and I had queens in the big blind. As expected, he turned over ace king and thankfully my queens held up giving me a massive chip lead which I rode through to the final table. I got down to four handed and shoved ace 4 off on the button and ran in to 7's in the small blind. The river counterfeited his pair which was a huge suck-out but gave me the chip lead and I went in to heads-up with it. My opponent fought back to even up the stacks but I took down a pot or two and then limped with kings in the small blind. The flop came queen jack rag and I bet small on the flop, king on the turn, another small bet and then he led out strong when a 3 came on the river. I re-raised he had to call turning over 2 pair but it wasn't good and it completed my trifecta of wins.

As you can see from the graph below, I'm running quite hot after a couple of very average months. I'm not sure what tournaments SharkScope doesn't track (I'm guessing the Sunday Quarter Million satellites) because my bankroll is about $150 or so more than its ever been, despite it looking about even with a previous high. Bankroll now sits just over $770.


No comments: