Friday, February 19, 2010

Bonus unlocked

I've spent the last 4 or so hours grinding the $3.40 18 mans in order to get to 2500 FPP's and unlock the $40 40 billionth hand bonus. What sucks is I ran like shit so by the time I got the FPP's I was basically breaking even for the night. Yipppeeee ... groan.

I won one of the games early and then went on a baron stretch where I basically couldn't even cash. Maybe I was playing too many tables, maybe I was just running bad.

The last three games kind of summed up the night for me. One table I had a massive chip lead with four players remaining and had at least a 2:1 chip lead when heads-up rolled around. I dominated the battle early until I raised with pocket 8's and got re-raised all-in by queen ten suited and of course he flops a queen and wins the race. A couple of hands later he limps the small blind, I push with 6's in the big blind and he calls with 2's. Flop of course has a 2 and I finish second in a game I thought I was sure to win. On the other tables I re-raise all-in with queens, original raiser turns over jacks and spikes one on the turn and on the final table I raise 1/2 my stack in the small blind with ace king when folded to. The big blind who is a terrible, loose player calls, I shove on a low flop because I was never folding and he turns over 5 9 off and has hit the 9 ... greaaaat.

In other PokerStars news, its only a matter of hours before the magic 40 billionth hand is dealt. I won't be sticking around for the festivities as its past midnight and I'm off to bed.

Bankroll $920, FPP count 8.

No comments: