Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The up and up

I really didn't plan on playing last night as work has been so busy and I had so much to do. I got caught up on a number of things so decided to log on to PokerStars.

Things started very slowly for me as I failed to cash my few games. I started playing $3.25 45 mans as well as some 18 mans to chase after the 25oo FPP's I need for the $50 40 billionth hand bonus. I failed to cash the first 5 or 6 and loaded up a couple of $6.50 45 mans.

I got a 3rd in an 18 man but the turning point came when I won my first $6.50 45 man for $84. Its not that much but to put it in perspective its 10% of my bankroll so its handy. I remember I tripled up very early when I flopped top set in a 3 way pot and we got it all in on the flop and the board paired on the river to give me the full house vs an overpair and an underpair. I remember the heads up was a solid battle against a decent player but I began to pull away and was happy to get the win.

Tonight I've mostly been playing the 18's to get the FPP count up. I'm now just 75 off my target so hopefully I can knock over the goal by Saturday or Sunday, just in time to get the bonus which ends on Monday night my time.

I have played a couple of $6.50 45 mans with my best/only cash being a 3rd place. The 18 mans have been going ok, I tend to break even or be slightly profitable in them and that has continued tonight. I'm down to my last game and sitting 4th of 7 after shoving 3 hands straight and then turning quads in a multiway unraised pot.

So after winning the $6.50 45 man and a few of the 18 mans, my bankroll is now $916 (I just came 4th in the last 18 man) and I can almost taste 4 figures.

No comments: