Friday, January 15, 2010

Server restart

There's nothing worse than planning a night of poker on Stars only to see multi-table sit 'n go's slowly start to disappear off the registrations and it becomes clear there's a server restart happening.

I had a friend stay over last night and she had a paper to submit and stayed up with her till 2am or so when she finished. The plan had been go to the gym in the morning but after the late night and with her staying over, that was soon scrapped. Then I figured I'd get a run in after work but I was so tired after just a couple of hours sleep that it didn't really seem worth it. So I figured I'd play on PokerStars tonight and work out twice tomorrow. Server restart ... so much for that idea.

I've been playing here and there this week but just a handful of games at a time. Each session has been profitable tho so I definitely can't complain. I've been a fair bit more aggressive and pushing a wider range, especially later in the tournament.

I've also touched base with a few of the regulars at my level that have strong results and asked them for some tips. I've also watched them play a few games and watched how they work. Ever since, my bankroll has steadily been climbing so hopefully it continues.

Earlier in the week I also listened to a couple of the 2+2 Pokercasts and found them really interesting. I listened to their end of year wrap up as well as one that featured Tony "Bond 18" Dunst as a special guest. I'll try and listen to a few more of them from now on.

I'm planning to catch up with friends tomorrow night but other than hitting the gym I don't have any plans during the day so hopefully I'll get some time on the tables.

No comments: