Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 off to a positive start

Happy new year!!

The last week or so has been a solid one for me at the tables. Nothing spectacular to report, just good positive days, regular final table action. Not sure of exactly the number of tournaments played and conversion rate etc as OPR is a bit behind from today but the bankroll is steadily climbing in the right direction again (over US$420).

I smashed up the Sunday Quarter Million satellites today, cashing I believe in all but one of the games I played. I like playing them on the weekend because they run every 30 minutes or so during the day (Aus time) rather than hourly which they do midweek.

Other than those, I've been sticking to the $3.25 45 man games with the occasional $2.20 90 man non-turbo thrown in. Annoyingly today the one tournament of the latter I played today I bubbled, coming 13th with 12 places being paid. I was short-stacked, shoved on the button with king queen and the small blind looked me up with pocket 3's and I failed to improve.

I caught up on Daniel Negreanu's blog the other day and he had a video blog where he recapped 2009 and talked about his goals and plans for 2010.

Watch Daniel Negreanu's 2009 Recap on RawVegas.tv

I'm a fan of Daniel's ... but all I could think of while watching this video is that he's playing online while lying on the couch, doing a video blog, texting and worrying about his dog running around. Not the best way to concentrate. It reminds me of a scene from the show 2M2MM, I think it was maybe the lockdown episode where Brian gives Dani a hard time for slouching while he's playing. Brian's an advocate of all-out focus and concentration and believes your posture reflects that. I know Daniel one-tables online but not surprisingly by the time he finishes with the blog he questions why his position is so bad and where his chips went. Something to think about ...

No comments: