Thursday, September 10, 2009

Movie ratings

Trying to bring a bit more balance back in to my life, I picked up some DVD's on (cheap) Tuesday night.

First on the list was The International with Clive Owen and Naomi Watts. I wanted to see this at the movies but never got around to it. It was a good action/espionage type movie but nothing fantastic, 3 stars.

Second was another Clive Owen movie (unintentionally), Duplicity ... also starring Julia Roberts. This was a big let down and while there were some good lines and good moments, it was generally uninteresting and tried too hard. 1.5 - 2 stars.

Best movie of late was definitely Inglorious Basterds which I saw a week or two back, 4.5 stars. Tarantino's best since at least Kill Bill.

Tonight I'm going to see Funny People with Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen and Eric Bana. The girl I'm going to see it with is getting in to stand-up comedy ... otherwise I wouldn't bother seeing it as my expectations (for the movie) are not high.


No comments: