Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Finally ... some run good!

Its been a rough month. I feel like I've been playing better but the results haven't been there. The bankroll peaked at $630 last month and has been down as low as $420 or so this month. The frustration comes from a feeling of "plateauing".

After another break-even/slightly unprofitable session last night, I posted this on Twitter:
"feel like i'm so close to killing the games but lack luck late in the tournaments"

I played 17 tournaments last night, cashing 4 but the disappointment was that my best finish was just two 5ths in the 45's. Not only that but I bubbled 3 more tournaments.

This afternoon tho was a completely different story. I had a fairly productive day at work but was in slow-down mode by 4:30 so I fired up a couple of $1.75 18 man tournaments. I finished second in one and failed to cash in the other. From there tho I went on a tear, cashing 4 straight games including two 2nd places in the $3.25 45 man tournaments.

So tonight I cashed 5 of 7 tournaments and took three 2nds. I'm not too worried about the poor winning conversion rate as I feel I played the heads-up well. In the 18 man game the guy was an extremely good player (I OPR'd him) but the other two weren't. I fought back from a huge deficit in one but my top set on the flop of a strongly raised pot got beaten by a flush draw that hit on the turn. The other I pushed with king jack off, got called by 7 9 suited, I caught a king on the flop but again the villain turned the flush.

Form on SharkScope = HOT


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! What's your Stars/FTP nick?

Dodge Taylor said...

Hey mate,
Sorry, only just saw this comment. Don't play on FTP (yet), my stars name is CapitalDodge. Just play multi-table SNG's and tournaments at the moment.