Monday, April 26, 2010

Sunday (Monday my time) results

This weekend really didn't go at all to plan.

* Friday night date ... nothing "happened"
* Sunday the big AFL game and my team got thumped
* I only managed to qualify for one of the big tournaments I wanted to play Monday morning
* Did ok in the early morning tournaments and then stunk up the $6.50 45 mans in the afternoon

I tried my best to satellite my way in to the Sunday Million and the Turbo Takedown but just couldn't get it done. I was so close on a number of occasions, for the TT my closest was 6th out of over 200 players when only 3 qualified.

The good news was that I cashed the Sunday Quarter Million for the first time. Not that its a huge achievement but it was nice to get paid after missing out the previous 2 or 3 times I've played. There was 33,000 starters and I finished around 3000. I busted out when I pushed all-in (5x blinds) with king queen off from the hijack and got called by ace-jack and my hand didn't improve. I'm fine with the play as I was getting close to desperation and needed to double-up.

I've been playing a few of the $4.40 180 man tournaments when I have time. As they're not turbos they take over 4 hours so I don't always have the time to play them. I've currently got an ROI of around 25% in them (over a small sample) which is ok as I haven't got a big score from them yet. Unlike the $6.50 45 mans where I managed to min-cash just 1 out of 15 attempts yesterday and my ROI is now negative in these which is extremely frustrating and hurting my bankroll.

So I started yesterday getting deep and cashing most of the games I played and finished the afternoon cashing none and decided to call it a night and watch Transformers 2 instead. I'll have a couple of days off now and hopefully come back revitalised later in the week. Bankroll is down to $1022 and not surprisingly the sharkscope graph took a pretty big dive yesterday.

No comments: