Thursday, October 29, 2009

Quick session on PokerStars

I really should've been doing some work tonight but got started playing on PokerStars and never got around to it. I don't have much planned for this weekend so I'll do it then ... promise.

I played in three of the Sunday Quarter Million satellite's, qualifying for one and bubbling another but still cashing (the final spot that doesn't qualify but gets the surplus cash). I'm finding these games fairly easy at the moment, doing well in them but they do take a while to play and only start once an hour.

In the other games I was just playing the $1.10 45 man tournaments. They started off terribly for me when I ran kings in to someone that was slowplaying aces and then I couldn't win a race with another pair of kings, queens and anything else that went in well ahead but failed to hold up. Thankfully I finally got a final table and a 4th placed finish. I had a good size stack and was 1st with 8 to go but two short stack all-ins that I called, flopped a flush draw and both times couldn't find one more of my suit. These took me back to an average stack and when everyone folded and I had aces in the big blind, I knew it wasn't going to be my night.

So a short session but again a slightly profitable one. Bankroll still over US$500.


No comments: