Sunday, October 4, 2009

The flaw in OPR

As I've started playing different games and satelliting in to a few larger tournaments, I've found the flaw in Official Poker Rankings.

Other than the fact that it doesn't record stats for tournaments with less than 45 players, the two problems I see with it are:

1. Satellites - When I use FPP's to satellite in to a larger buy-in tournament, OPR records the fact that I've played in the bigger event as a buy-in I've paid. This happened on the weekend when I satellited in to a $10+1 rebuy tournament using just 70 FPP's. However, OPR just lists my records like I've just paid the actual buy-in.

2. Rebuys - Following on from the first flaw is the way OPR handles rebuy tournaments. Since they can't track how many rebuys each individual player has, it gives each player the average number of rebuys for that event. Now, if I've satellited in to a $10 rebuy tournament using FPP's, rebuying is obviously not an option for me with my roll. But, on my OPR record it considers that I've infact paid $33 for that tournament (buy-in and re-buys) when infact I've spent nothing.

Now these are not major dramas by any means but its something I picked up on the weekend. Yes, my record on there isn't as pretty as it once was ... ha ha ha


No comments: