Sunday, July 12, 2009

PokerStars update

I had a friend's 30th on Saturday night and had a big night on the town for the first time in ... ummm ... well, ages! Got to bed about 4am which is something I don't usually do, didn't get anywhere near enough sleep and was up by 10am. One panadol, plenty of water, some fresh air and some Red Rooster for lunch and I was feeling human again.

With Triple J's Hottest 100 of all-time on the radio, I was keen for a quiet afternoon so fired up the laptop and played online at PokerStars.

I've been on a bit of a roll of late, winning a tournament each of the last 3 days I've played. This continued yesterday and I actually won 2 in one day which is new for me. Since I've decided to focus on smashing the $1 games before putting $2 tournaments back in the mix, I've really been doing well in the 45 man turbos. This month I've cashed in 25 out of 71, won 5 of them, second in another and three 3rds.

With two wins yesterday, I've already smashed my monthly goal of 4 wins and am now at 6 with more than two weeks to go. I'm very pleased that my win ratio in heads-up situations is so good this month ... 3:1 compared to previous months 1:5. I'm ahead of my other goals so far too ... profit $113 (goal $100) and in the money 29% (goal 25%).

I'm waiting till this evening to see if yesterday's results puts me in to the top 3% of PokerStars tournament players on Official Poker Rankings. I'm currently rated 96.94% over the last 120 days and 96.65% for 2009.

Bankroll: US$437

Smells Like Teen Spirit took the #1 on Triple J's Hottest 100 of All-Time


No comments: