Friday, November 14, 2008

My first royal flush

Its been a while since I've posted, but I'll make up for that in the next few days.

Tonight I had my first Royal Flush!! Playing PokerStars on the micro sit'n go's, midway through a 45 man tournament. I was small blind with king of hearts, 8 of clubs. The flop comes queen of hearts, jack of hearts, ten of hearts. Love it ... bet ... get called. Big blind was short-stack so he was all-in. Next card out king of diamonds, bet again, call. Final card the ace of hearts ... beauty!! I push although its not too much ... other guy folds but I still more than double up. I have a screenshot of it but can't figure out yet how to put that on here.

Ran well tonight, out of maybe 10 games I cashed 4 or 5 of them. Three 2nds a 3rd and a 5th. Playing only 45 man turbos or 27 man normal games.

After struggling over the last week or two with my "bankroll" (or lack there of), I now have it at its highest point yet. Starting with the free $5 I won, I'm now up to $35. I'd keep playing tonight when I'm doing well but have a big day tomorrow. For the last week I've been up and down, getting it to $25 at some points and then having it under $5 once or twice.

(That's me with the king of hearts, 8 of clubs. I was small blind, had chips and the big blind didn't. Thankfully Jospin on the other side of the table was in the hand too but folded to my bet on the river. It was a good almost triple up for me mid-tournament.)

No comments: