Thursday, August 19, 2010

Start of August

Apologies for hardly blogging of late, business has been good, I've been pretty social and have been consistently getting to the gym 3 or 4 times a week.

August started very badly. The plan was to play a lot more of the $6.50 45 man games because it was time to get the bankroll moving a bit quicker than it has been. It seems like I've floated around the $1200 - $1400 mark for a few months now. The $3.25 45 man games I beat consistently with an ROI of around 15% but I just haven't been able to put in a large volume for the last few months.

So with that in mind, the first Saturday (8th) I had no plans during the day so decided to get some volume in. The weekends is essentially the only time I get to play large field MTT's so I was playing those with a couple of 45's (a mix of $3.25's and $6.50's) running at the same time. I did ok in a few of the MTT's without breaking through for a big score but for the life of me I couldn't do anything right or make anything happen in the 45's. Considering they are my specialty ... I played more than 20 and cashed just ONE ... and yes, that was a min-cash. HORRIBLE

As you can imagine, that isn't great for the bankroll and I think I dropped $150 - $200 in that one session. Sure, not much, but when my bankroll was around $1400 ... that's more than 10%. Disappointed would be an understatement. I had a couple of days away from the table after that and since then I've been fighting my way back. The last 2 sessions have started off very slowly (8 and 9 no-cashes in a row), plenty of suck-outs in the first few games but I've finished each strongly to finish each profitably.

My ROI for August sits down 10% on OPR so far, my bankroll is just over $1280 ... I'd like to get it over $1500 very soon. I feel I'm playing quite well, picking my spots better and have added a few different steals in to the mix ... hopefully the results will follow.

No comments: