Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The ups and downs

The last week or two has been a roller-coaster in terms of results. Up one day, down the next ... feel like I'm playing well but either go card-dead at the wrong time or just get sucked out on.

I started playing the $3.25 45 man's again and got off to a good start with them recording a 2nd a 3rd and a min-cash within my first 6 games. The next day tho ... just 2 cashes in 25 or so attempts. What tends to happen in stretches like that is I have at least half a dozen bubbles and near misses, just a winning flip away from going deep.

Next day, a 1st and a 3rd and a few other cashes and the bankroll was on the way back up again. And unfortunately yesterday was back down again, maybe 25 or so tournaments and just 2 min-cashes to report. Of course, another half dozen costly bubbles. Add to that we had a storm roll through while I was playing and lost power 2 or 3 times for more than 5 minutes at a time.

So today I feel lost not knowing what to do to turn it around. Come back tomorrow and I'll likely be back on top of things for the moment.

I actually played a little bit of cash the other night, just killing time on .02/.05 tables and did well. I had aces against kings to double me up on one table and similar luck on another one. Maybe that could be the answer to current woes ... play more cash. Who knows ... might be best to just stay off the tables over Christmas and come back refreshed.

No comments: