Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Assassinato sets sights on EPT San Remo - Poker News

As you can see from my poker blogs links on the left hand side, there are only a couple that I really follow. I've mentioned before about Assassinato and how much I enjoy reading his blog.

At the moment he's in San Remo playing in the EPT event. He's well known as an online player and has done well in a couple of live event but is yet to make a final table ... until now that is. I've followed his progress through the live tournament reporting on PokerNews as well as updates on the PokerStars blog.

Going in to today they were down to 32 players left in the field and it was actually quite tense reading through the updates (I can't follow them live due to the time difference) this morning to see how Alex got on. He had a bit of luck in coinflip situations and was fairly aggressive down the stretch. Despite being short-stacked for much of the last 2 days, he finds himself in 5th place.

Click on the title below to read the full story. Good luck tonight Alex!!

Assassinato sets sights on EPT San Remo - Poker News

By Owen Laukkanen

It's final table time in San Remo on the PokerStars.com European Poker Tour and on Thursday afternoon eight lucky finalists will face off for more than €1.5 million.

At first glance, it's a final table devoid of star power, but there's no shortage of exciting finalists here on the Italian Riviera.

Among the final eight is 21-year-old Alex Fitzgerald, a Seattle-based online pro who has become a staple on PokerStars-run tournaments around the world.

Fitzgerald, who goes by 'Assassinato' on most online sites, has qualified into tournaments on the European, Asia Pacific and Latin American Poker Tours but hasn't managed any major scores as of yet.

He comes into play on Thursday fifth in chips with 721,000.

'I feel great,' he told PokerListings.com. 'I really didn't feel like I played that well today.

'I've bubbled a lot of final tables where I felt like I was playing my best, but today I felt like I got pretty lucky.'

No comments: